Tuesday, August 25, 2009

INTRODUCTION



I've done it, I've done it - I'm finally here. And anybody who knows me isn't surprised.

Some time back I was talking to a friend "We're just a normal family" I said. She choked. I thought about it.

Maybe we're not so "average".

We homeschool; four out of five of our babies were born at home; I b/f my babies till they are about 21 months; they don't have solids till they are one year old; we live on 2 and a half acres with a variety of animals; we're learning to grow veges; we stay home most days and love it; we don't have a television; we don't go to the movies; we take off for the beach whenever we feel like it and spend a few hours collecting stones and shells; we work hard on honouring every member of our family especially Daddy; we talk a LOT; we read out loud together; our children love learning and don't care what day it is, or what time of day they just keep learning stuff!

Oh - there's heaps more about us, but that will have to wait for another post.

This was just to say Hi, and welcome to our green little corner of the world in beautiful New Zealand.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey sweet friend, I am your first comment!! Well done. You have done fine setting up. Later on I can point you to some really nice backgrounds for your blog. All sorts of lovely things you can do, including adding music (your favourites). You can check out my profile and that will take you to my blogs and you can see how they run and look.
Catch you on Frugals,
Love ya, Sis,
Sandra

Lesley said...

thanks for the contact. Lovely to share your thoughts and day to day activities. It's great encouragement.Bless you, Lesley