Thursday, December 17, 2009

THE POEM

I guess people are reading my blog. Feel free to leave a comment please if you feel to do so.

I just realised that I had not included the poem at the end of the last post.

So here it is:
(the word "mendicant" means beggar)

The Thorn
I stood a mendicant of God before His royal throne
and begged Him for a priceless gift which I could call my own
I took the gift from out His hand but as I would depart,
I cried "But Lord this is a thorn and it has pierced my heart.
This is a strange, a hurtful gift that Thou hast given me."
He said "My child, I give good gifts and give my best to thee."
I took it home and although at first the cruel thorn hurt sore;
As long years passed, I learned at last, to love it more and more.
I learned He never gives a thorn without this added grace;
He takes the thorn to pin aside the veil that hides His face.

----Martha Snell Nickolson

1 comment:

~~Just Me in T~~ said...

How truly lovelly. We have an amazing God... how blessed are we.